Sunday, May 13, 2012

spa scandinave

Every once and a while, we all need to feel truly taken care of and relaxed. That might mean a yoga class, pizza delivery and a good movie, staying in bed on a sunday morning.

This past year I have discovered the spa scandinave. By cycling between hot (hot tub, steam room, and sauna), cold (ice cold, frigid dunking pool or equally cold shower), and rest, the circulatory system is spurred into action and a feeling of deep relaxation sets in. I admit, I don't exactly understand why it works, but trust me, it does! After perhaps the third cycle, it feels like mint is flowing through my veins and my mind is incredibly peaceful. They recently opened a location in Montreal - there are others in Mont-Tremblant and elsewhere in Canada. 




No comments:

Post a Comment